Read Alberta eBooks
Read local! This collection includes over 1,000 Alberta-published eBooks from 24 Alberta publishers.
Accessing eBooks on a Computer
- Download and install Adobe Digital Editions.
- Authorize Digital Editions.
- If you have the cloudLibrary app installed on your computer, Digital Editions will authorize with information from the cloudLibrary app.
- If you do not have cloudLibrary installed on your computer, authorize with an Adobe ID. (If the authorization window does not appear when you open Digital Editions click Help – Authorize Computer.)
- Visit prl.cantookstation.com
- Click Sign Up. Enter your library card and pin.
- Click a title you want to borrow.
- Click Borrow. Click Download. A file will appear at the bottom of your browser. Open the file.
- The book will open in Digital Editions.
Transferring eBooks from a computer to an eReader
- Make sure Adobe Digital Editions is open.
- Turn on your eReader and plug it into the computer. Click Connect on your eReader. Your eReader will show up as a device in the left bar of Digital Editions.
- Select the book you want to transfer and drag it to your device.
- Eject your eReader from your computer and unplug the USB cable.
Accessing eBooks on a tablet or smartphone
- Access the app store on your device and search for the free Adobe Digital Editions app. Install.
- Open the app. Tap the three-bar menu in the upper left corner.
- Tap Settings. Tap Authorize.
- Leave Adobe ID as your login authorization method.
- Enter your Adobe ID username and password.
- If you don't have an Adobe ID create one by following the Create a free Adobe ID link. Input your information and tap Authorize.
- In the browser on your device, go to prl.catookstation.com
- Tap Sign Up. Enter you library card and pin.
- Tap the title you want to borrow.
- Tap Borrow. Tap Download. Tap Open in Adobe Digital Editions app.
- The book will open in the Adobe Digital Editions app.